Svalbard, Norway

A remarkable iceberg shows an abstract sculpture that has a Loch Ness shape. That impressive looking iceberg catches the beautifully first golden light of the sunrise.

copyright Anette Mossbacher, 8 September, 2020

Buy a license or print

Clear

This photograph was captured with a Canon EOS-1D X and a lens. The following settings were used:

  • Aperture: ƒ/5
  • Exposure time: 1/8000s
  • ISO: 2000
  • Focal Length: 200mm

The original photograph has the following dimensions: 4858 by 3239 pixels (WxH).

Thanks for sharing!

A remarkable iceberg shows an abstract sculpture that has a Loch Ness shape. Indeed an impressive looking iceberg that catches the beautifully first golden light of the sunrise. At the same time, the ice pieces floating behind it remain in the shade. The golden light bounces off the water and adds specks of golf to the crevices of that abstract iceberg.

An iceberg is a big piece of ice that is calving from a glacier and subsequently floats in the Arctic sea. Like that iceberg in the Loch Ness shape. They are pieces of glaciers that have fallen off and slipped into the ocean. We often see that icebergs look blue. Because they cannot absorb any other color, but they can incorporate blue. However, in this photograph, the ice seems somewhat golden. Although it is golden from the sunrise light, beneath the surface, you can see some darker colors. That is from airborne dust from volcanic eruptions, or the wind that falls on a glacier and becomes trapped inside, forming a noticeably darkened brown or black layer.

We only see 10% of the iceberg above water; the rest of the 90% is below the surface. This fact brought about the saying “tip of the iceberg.” Its maximum width is generally 20-30% bigger than you can see on the surface.

Explore more like this abstract iceberg sculpture photograph. Also, discover our fascinating landscape photographs from the Arctic circle. Our fine art photographs you can license and by as a fine art photographic print.

This photograph is available to be purchased as a print. We offer our prints as unmounted fine art prints and framed prints that are ready-to-hang on your wall out of the box. Another option is that it can be licensed for personal or commercial use. Just click the add_shopping_cart icon left-hand side above the photo to select your choice.

For more information about the various types of prints we offer to purchase, please visit our Purchasing a print FAQ page. Our Licensing a photograph FAQ page explains the license types and helps you to choose the right license for your needs. Before making a purchase, please read our Terms & Conditions page.

There are no comments yet.

Be the first to comment on “Iceberg Abstract Sculpture Golden Light”

Get in touch

Please get in contact with us in case you are not sure which fine art paper would fit a specific photograph best. Or if you prefer a custom paper finish or a personalized exact photo print size. With pleasure, we will answer any questions you might have or explore alternative print options with you!