The colossal iceberg with reflection floats in the water of the coast of Ilulissat. There is a grand contradiction between the colors in this iceberg photograph. The white iceberg floats brightly against the darker tones that surround it. Indeed this iceberg has an exciting shape and comes into a pyramidal shape at its right edge. The reflection of the iceberg in the water creates a symmetrical composition. Undoubtedly a giant of an iceberg larger as a European church. Furthermore, as we all know, the icebergs underwater are even more gigantic. That is indeed an enormous iceberg mirrored in the water. Please view as well the fine art black and white photo of this colossal iceberg.
Some interesting facts on icebergs:
- The white color of the iceberg shows its young age. An older iceberg will generally have a blue tint to it.
- The name iceberg comes from the Dutch word ijsberg, which translates to “ice mountain.”
- Icebergs are parts of glaciers that have broken off and now drift in the ocean.
- Icebergs need to be larger than 5 meters / 16 feet that we can call them icebergs.
- Smaller chunks of ice we know as ‘berg bits.’
- 93% of the world’s mass iceberg mass is found around the Antarctic.
There is a difference between icebergs in different countries. Greenland and other North Atlantic icebergs usually have peak and abstract shapes. In contrast, Antarctic icebergs are generally flat with steep sides.
Discover our snow landscape photography for more icy scenes like ‘Large Iceberg With Reflection In Water.’ Our nature photographs are for sale as stock photos licenses and fine art photography prints as wall art onine.