The exotic aloe vera plant is succulent and possesses thick, fleshy leaves, that might contain healing properties. It is famous for its medicinal qualities and has earned itself many names amongst many cultures. The Egyptians call it the “plant of immortality.” The Native Americans refer to it as the “wand of heaven.” Additionally, the ancient Greeks thought it was an elixir that cured various sicknesses. In modern society, we use it in pharmaceutical and cosmetic products. Indeed an impressive exotic plant!
Some intriguing facts about this multi-purpose Aloe vera plant:
- There are approximately 240 species. However, only four species we use for health benefits.
- The flesh is 96% water, which allows them to survive arid conditions.
- Moreover, aloe vera leaves have latex, which acts as a laxative in small amounts.
- Cleopatra applied it to her skin as part of her beauty regimen.
- The clear gel inside the leaves contains amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
- Undoubtedly, their gel stimulates the growth of new skin cells and connective tissues.
- Ayurveda is a system that came from India. It uses aloe vera to treat several skin conditions, as well as to improve the function of the digestive and immune systems.
Explore more beautiful black and white photographs, and visit the black and white photography portfolio. Discover our tree and flora theme for more beautiful plant photographs. Fine art photographs you can buy as fine art prints online, as well as stock photos.
Ruth Koprek –
One of my very favorites it’s just absolutely stunning. And so cool that you went black and white with this plant photograph. It’s just amazing. 😍
Anette Mossbacher –
Thanks so much Ruth. The Aloe plant, such a sensual plant. This photo had to be a fine art.